Join homeless service providers across the state in asking Governor Polis for critical support and resources to meet the needs of the people experiencing homelessness across Colorado and those who serve them.
Their lives are not only at risk – the lives of all Coloradans are at risk if an outbreak spreads any further among this under-served and under-resourced population. We cannot allow our community members who can’t “stay at home” during this public health crisis to disproportionally bear the burden of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We will be asking Governor Polis for the following:
(1) Implementing an aggressive strategy for motel/hotel room acquisitions across the state including in rural communities where there are no shelter options.
(2) Deploying national guard personnel to communities across the state to assist with de-densification efforts in current shelter environments and to staff motel/hotel spaces as they become available.
(3) Providing more testing resources across the state and prioritizing those that are providing and utilizing shelter services for testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our population of people experiencing homelessness.
(4) Providing more personal protective equipment (PPE) for homelessness services providers who are in contact with thousands of individuals daily that are seeking assistance, healthcare, and shelter.
(5) Immediately deploy federal resources and funding as they become available to all areas of the state to assist with the emergency needs of people experiencing homelessness.
(6) Immediately identify and deploy state resources and funding that can assist people experiencing homelessness across the state.
Thank you for your continued partnership and advocacy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Together we can ensure that our unhoused neighbors are protected and prioritized.
Organization Name • Org Email • Org Phone